DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Top Growth Opportunities: Dairy & Soy Food in the Philippines" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Philippines' Dairy market is stable and growing steadily, with a value projection of US$10.2 Billion by 2021
The Philippines imports nearly all of its Dairy products, as domestic production cannot meet the country's Dairy requirement. Although traditional Filipino cuisine does not have any place for Dairy products, consumption has grown, influenced by the rising health consciousness amongst the burgeoning middle class. Increasingly busy lifestyles will also positively affect the sector. Thanks to rapid urbanisation and rising incomes, the country is consuming Dairy at one of the fastest-growing rates in the world. Since 2015, the government has been promoting school milk consumption.
Off-trade Dairy sector accounts for a higher value in US$ terms than the On-trade, an effect mirroring general moves amongst Filipino consumers towards more consumption within the home. However, both the Off-trade and On-trade Dairy sectors have recorded similar growth rate in US$ terms in the last five years. Increased health consciousness amongst young consumers and their hectic lifestyles are favoring the growth of the Dairy & Soy Food market in the country.
The report "Top Growth Opportunities: Dairy & Soy Food in the Philippines", provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for dairy and soy food producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of dairy and soy food markets in Philippines.
- The Philippines ranks as one of the smallest market in the global Dairy & Soy Food sector in terms of per capita expenditure in US$ terms, though larger than China and Indonesia.
- After a period of strong growth at a CAGR of 6.1% in US Dollar terms between 2011 and 2016, the Philippines's Dairy market will grow even faster in the five years to 2021, at a CAGR of 9.1%.
- Dairy consumption is centered on younger consumers. Having grown up in the age of globalization and Western influence, they have much more positive perceptions of Dairy products, especially in regards to health benefits.
- Over 2016-2021, Milk will remain the highest value category, while Soymilk & Soy Drinks, the smallest value category, is expected to record the fastest value growth in US$ over the same period.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introducing a top growth market for Dairy
2. Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into
3. Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth
4. Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined
5. Consumer insight - who, what, when, where and why
6. Product and packaging insights
7. White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into
8. Appendix and Definitions
- Filipino Seven Corp
- Fonterra Co-operative Group
- Metro Supermarket
- Nestle S.A.
- Pure Gold Jr
- Puregold Price Club Inc
- Robinsons Supermarket
- Royal Friesland Campina N.V
- SM Hypermarket and SM Supermarket
- Super8 Grocery Wa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zn9h54/top_growth
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Related Topics: Dairy Products, Health Food and Sports Nutrition